The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has awarded a “Top Safety Pick” designation to the 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E and Black Edition trims which contain the Honda Sensing suite of active safety protection features including frontal crash protection, and for their LED low beam headlights which received a IIHS “Good” rating.¹ The Honda Ridgeline was the only pickup truck to receive a “Top Safety Pick” designation this year.
The 2019 Honda Ridgeline is the 7th Honda vehicle to receive a top safety rating from the IIHS. Honda Sensing® is a key part of Honda’s safety performance and top ratings. It consists of a number of active safety features including:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™
- Forward Collision Warning
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
The Ridgeline shares the “Top Safety Pick” IIHS recognition along with the 2019 Accord, CR-V, Pilot, and Odyssey. An even higher award went to the Insight which received a coveted “Top Safety Pick +” rating from the IIHS. In addition, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) issued a 5-star safety rating to every Honda it has fully tested including the 2019 Ridgeline.²
Bay Ridge Honda in Brooklyn located at 8801 4th Avenue is a convenient location for all our customers in the greater Brooklyn area. We have the full line of exciting and safe 2019 Honda vehicles, all with their exceptional safety ratings from the IIHS and NHTSA. Stop by today and check out our inventory, then join our Honda family for years of fun and exciting drives!
1. The 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E and Black Edition trims are the only Ridgeline trims that meet all requirements for the IIHS TSP rating.
2. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program (www.SaferCar.gov). Not yet fully evaluated for the 2019 model year are the Clarity series, Civic Type R, CR-V and Passport.
3. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Accord – Award applies to all trims except Touring. CR-V – Award applies to Touring trim. Odyssey – Award applies to Touring and Elite trims.
* 2019 IIHS Award Winner
Honda Specials Long Island
Easy Related Posts
How Often Do I Need an Oil Change?
It's a question car owners are always asking, but the answer varies depending on who ...read more
2019 Honda Clarity Wins Cars.com 2019 Eco-Friendly Award
The 2019 Honda Clarity won the Cars.com 2019 Eco-Friendly Award. This award celebrates the Clarity's ...read more
Honda Lease or Honda Loan?
Once you've decided on a vehicle, you are inevitably faced with the question of whether ...read more
The 2019 Pilot Gets a New Attitude and More
Are you in the market to purchase a new vehicle? Then you’re in luck because ...read more