The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has awarded a “Top Safety Pick” designation to the 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E and Black Edition trims which contain the Honda Sensing suite of active safety protection features including frontal crash protection, and for their LED low beam headlights which received a IIHS “Good” rating.¹ The Honda Ridgeline was the only pickup truck to receive a “Top Safety Pick” designation this year.
The 2019 Honda Ridgeline is the 7th Honda vehicle to receive a top safety rating from the IIHS. Honda Sensing® is a key part of Honda’s safety performance and top ratings. It consists of a number of active safety features including:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™
- Forward Collision Warning
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keeping Assist System
- Adaptive Cruise Control
The Ridgeline shares the “Top Safety Pick” IIHS recognition along with the 2019 Accord, CR-V, Pilot, and Odyssey. An even higher award went to the Insight which received a coveted “Top Safety Pick +” rating from the IIHS. In addition, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) issued a 5-star safety rating to every Honda it has fully tested including the 2019 Ridgeline.²
Bay Ridge Honda in Brooklyn located at 8801 4th Avenue is a convenient location for all our customers in the greater Brooklyn area. We have the full line of exciting and safe 2019 Honda vehicles, all with their exceptional safety ratings from the IIHS and NHTSA. Stop by today and check out our inventory, then join our Honda family for years of fun and exciting drives!
1. The 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E and Black Edition trims are the only Ridgeline trims that meet all requirements for the IIHS TSP rating.
2. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program (www.SaferCar.gov). Not yet fully evaluated for the 2019 model year are the Clarity series, Civic Type R, CR-V and Passport.
3. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Accord – Award applies to all trims except Touring. CR-V – Award applies to Touring trim. Odyssey – Award applies to Touring and Elite trims.
* 2019 IIHS Award Winner
Honda Specials Long Island
Easy Related Posts
Consider a Used Honda Civic This Month!
This summer, get behind the wheel of an affordable and reliable vehicle. Consider a used ...read more
Trade in Your Vehicle for a New or Used Honda!
Are you looking to trade your car in for something different? A reliable vehicle waits ...read more
Discover the Benefits of Buying a Honda
The name Honda is synonymous to elegance, style, and resale value. To be fair, any ...read more
How Often Do I Need an Oil Change?
It's a question car owners are always asking, but the answer varies depending on who ...read more